Video of the Week - Jon Steward Raps Out Faux News... LOL...

Friday, May 13, 2011

Response to Collegue's Work #2

In response to Jr_Lara's blog “Change”Is all I Have Left, I agree with him that our national debt is one of our biggest problems. We are injecting most of our money in areas that we not need. It is true that while government spending helps shift our aggregate demand to the right making it better, but the government is spending the money in the wrong place. This in turn causes cuts in jobs in sectors that we desperately need such as education and its related programs. Schools and teachers across the nation are getting sacked because we think we need big and better guns. Apparently, the government thinks that the future education of our younger generations is not important enough to even think about. I guess it is alright in the future for the military to have dumb people with big guns instead of smart people who can work things out properly. I know I have mention about guns and education numerous times if you read my blog, but I am seriously trying to pound this into your heads. We do not need that much military spending..This kind of abusive spending resulting from our paranoia really boils my blood.

In 2009, the U.S military budget accounts for about 40% of the global arms spending and it is over six times larger than the military budget of China. Our total military expenditure from 2004-2007 peaked at 419.3 billion while China's, with the world largest military was ranged anywhere from 29.9 billion to 130 billion. The huge gap in numbers is because our think tanks can't get the proper intelligence to get the numbers right. However, that number is still way less than our spending. Why do they spend less but yet have more assets? That question has many answers, some are logical and others not so much. The United States and China is currently spending about 4-6% of GDP on military spending. The former Soviet Union is sitting about 3-4%. This is a lot of money going towards fueling our paranoia and please don't get me wrong; I am all about protecting our servicemen and women, but this spending is ridiculous.

I also agree that there are way too many people with money that have no idea how to properly use that money to help out our decaying economy. I see too many people spending way too much for items and services that, in my humble opinion have very little purpose to them. For instance, I work with a bunch of people who would go out to get the latest Iphones and Ipads just because they are “new”. The funny thing is that most of them have no clue how to properly operate the devices. They just want to have it so that they could say “I have this and that”. To me, that is totally an utter waste of money. If I were to buy something expensive, it needs to be purposeful to the extent of the cost and you must be able to use it 100%. Then again, consumer spending does help our economy but the point I'm trying to lay is that, most people who have money are clueless morons. The small percentage that are not clueless are too insignificant to have an impact.

Our current president is trying very hard to get us out of this hole, but here is the thing; being president to very HARD. Contrary to popular belief, being president doesn't mean you get a fancy jet and get to be lazy in the white house smoking Cuban cigars... Mr. Obama is trying his best to get out of this hole but you can't simply conjure up 15 trillion dollars and plus many people think he was born in Kenya..While we are on the that subject, let me say that I do not believe he is truly doing this to split the Republican side; rather I think it is a side effect..a good side effect. Let us be serious, you can't be president if you aren't born in the United States. Last time I checked, Hawaii was considered a state of the United States..I could be wrong...but I know for sure Panama isn't. This was where John McCain was born, but do we talk about him? I do not believe that slapping a United States property sign around a plot of land in another country should be considered being born on “American soil”..Why isn't this all over the news...because McCain is white and the rumors started on the Republican side. Anyways, it appears that I am slightly off course. One last thing though, we can't simply just “pull out” of the Middle East..it will create a huge power vacuum and we like to play bodyguard with our big guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a 21 year old student getting the transfer credits out of the way so I can transfer to pharmacy school (I hope).I wasn't born in the states but was practically raised in Austin but I have moved around a bit. I think the fact that I wasn't born here and have knowledge of another culture, I can sort of see over the "veil" that is so called American culture and politics. I am a liberal as proven to me by the online test that we had to take in Professor Seago's US politics class. Before that, I wasn't all that sure. Living in a spot of blue in a sea of red, to me is quite amusing. I believe that we need more liberal thinkers in this state in order to solve many of the state's problems. I am taking the class so that I can further my knowledge of Texas politics and stay ahead of the ignorant mass that plague this state and country. I feel proud to be living in a bastion of liberalism however, it is still not enough to provoke the Texas government into twisting its head on back on. I do hope in the future to move on and live in a state where people care about each other and think as a community as opposed to living in a traditional and individualistic state such as Texas.